A sustainable production philosophy
Our first commitment when deciding on the best production model for the hills of the Langhe was to attach importance in working the land to the health of consumers, as well as to the wellbeing of everyone involved in first person in the vineyards and the cellar.
This is why we devised our very own model, borne out by long years of experience in making wine and our detailed knowledge of the vineyards.
The proximity of the vineyards to the winery allows us to save time and water, and to reduce pollution. The use of chemical fertilizers and synthetic herbicides has long been abolished on our land, with green manuring in keeping with the local tradition of days gone by.
We take every care to make sure each vine is guaranteed balanced vegetative development, dedicating special attention to adapting the pruning to the needs of each different variety.
In the winery we prefer to use native yeasts in the fermentation to allow each wine to express itself to the full, and we limit the use of sulphur dioxide to the absolute minimum so as to ensure our bottles will age correctly.
The Green Experience
Cà del Baio winery respects the Green Experience discipline in the exercise of sustainable and eco-friendly viticulture.
The Green Experience was born in the hills of Langhe, in the UNESCO World Heritage site. It is a method to preserve the biodiversity and natural resources of the soil, to protect the value of Piedmontese production methods, and to safeguard the Langhe, Roero and Monferrato viticultural environment.
Green Experience vintners care for their vineyards through innovative and eco-friendly methods such as the diffusion of pollinating insects,planting of herbaceous and floral essences, and the strategic positioning of birds nests.
The 10 rules Green Experience vintners follow:
- Eco-friendly and sustainable viticulture and production
- Preservation of biodiversity and the natural environment
- Aesthetic protection of the natural landscape and the human interaction with it
- Respect for the soil through agronomic solutions
- Elimination of chemical weeding in the vineyards
- Sowing of herbal and floral plants in the vineyards
- Disseminations of useful pollinating insects
- Strategic placement of bird nests to aid incultivation
- Respect and honesty towards consumers
- Transparency of controls and external certification
Discover more on Green Experience !